Gateway is a thriving independent coeducational prep school set in the heart of the Chilterns with over 300 children. An opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated Head of Sport and PE with good communication skills has arisen, ideally with a January 2018 start date.
With sport an integral part of the curriculum, this role requires an inspirational and dynamic PE specialist who can oversee the delivery of PE and Games across the school.
● Managing other PE staff and visiting coaches to ensure effective teaching and learning takes place across a curriculum which includes gymnastics, netball, football, hockey, rugby, basketball, cricket, tennis and swimming.
● Plan and teach lessons with regard to continuity and progression to ensure effective learning takes place.
● Plan and prepare lessons in advance in collaboration with colleagues and ensure that learning is kept within curriculum targets.
● Plan the termly PE and games timetable including ratios for staffing and teaching groups.
● Arrange and administer a calendar of regular fixtures which provide opportunities for all pupils to participate at their ability level both within the school and with other schools.
● Be the initial point of contact for parents in matters related to Physical Education and Sports.
● Promote the department in whole-school activities such as open mornings and assemblies.
● Participate in the organisation and running of extra-curricular sports clubs.
● Co-ordinate the organisation of all annual school sports events, including sports day.
Applicants are welcome from the independent or state sector.
Application forms to be received by midday Friday 22nd September 2017
Interviews will be held Tuesday 26th September 2017
Gateway School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Gateway School, 1 High Street, Great Missenden, Bucks HP16 9AA
Tel: 01494 862407 Headteacher: Susan La Farge BA Hons PGCE