Grade: PO1 (Actual salary up to £31,121 pa)
Contract: Term time only + 2 weeks, Permanent
Start date: October 2019
Thomas Tallis is a flourishing and popular school situated in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We currently have 1930 pupils on the school roll with over 550 students in our highly competitive sixth form. We strive for excellence in all that we do underpinned by our vision of education to understand the world and change it for the better.
We wish to appoint an outstanding professional to lead the development of our Support Centre for Autism and Language Impairment. SCALI meets the needs of 20 students and maximises their achievement and success across Key Stages 3 and 4. You will have a sound and solid understanding of Autism and Language Impairment with the ability to promote the profile and reputation of SCALI amongst staff, students, parents, carers and the wider community.
We are looking for someone who can:
• Lead the team by providing a professional, positive, pro-active and creative approach
• Effectively monitor and model current practice in ASD and Language Impairment Education to ensure best practice across the centre's provision.
• Oversee and monitor the quality of provision within SCALI.
• Promote Inclusion across the school.
We can offer you:
• children and young people who are eager to learn and progress
• staff who are supportive, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students here
• an excellent physical environment with new facilities and infrastructure
• a school with humane management principles committed to your professional development
If you are experienced in SEN and passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, we want to hear from you.
Download an application pack from the school’s website or you can request one by contacting the HR Department via e-mail: HR@thomastallis.org.uk. Application forms can also be returned to HR via email.
Application closing date: 16th September 2019, noon
Interview: w/c 23rd September 2019
Thomas Tallis School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. All posts within the school are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.