Job Title: Head of Technology and Vocational Faculty
(Encompassing technology, business studies, computing and vocational subjects)
School base: Bideford College, North Devon
Closing Date: 1 March 2021 (9am)
Interviews on: TBC
Start date: 1 September 2021
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 1e (£10,838)
Contract term: Permanent
Bideford College is part of the Launceston College Multi Academy Trust (Trust) alongside Altarnun Primary, Egloskerry Primary, Atlantic Academy, Launceston College and Launceston Primary School (opening in September 2021).
Bideford College is a rapidly improving 11 – 18 secondary school on the North Devon coast. It aims to ensure that all students, regardless of socio-economic background can successfully move on to their next step in education or employment with the skills and qualifications they need. We do this through a broad and balanced curriculum and co-curricular offer which enables students to develop resilience, knowledge and contribute positively to the local and global community. We are committed to driving up standards, insisting on high expectations and raising the aspirations of our students.
We are seeking to appoint an effective, strong and thoughtful college leader to develop further our large and diverse Technology and Vocational Faculty. This post would suit someone looking to progress onto Trust or College senior leadership.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate consistently high standards of teaching.
- Have a passion for vocational learning.
- Be a high quality leader with the ability to inspire, lead and empower staff and pupils to perform and achieve their best.
- Provide clarity, direction and accountability for key areas and departments within the Faculty.
- Organise, break down, and prioritise solutions to complex challenges, through personal effort, experience, and by delegating effectively to others.
- Be a well organised, purposeful leader of systems and processes.
- Demonstrate a high degree of personal integrity and resilience and be committed to maintaining and developing strong, positive relationships with pupils, staff, parents, other schools, and people and organisations important to the running of the school.
- Be committed to the school and wider Trust’s existing values but also prepared to challenge and develop current practice.
- Be able to work collaboratively with leaders across the Trust, including the Academy Leadership Team.
- Contribute to the wider co-curricular offer at the college.
In return, we are able to offer:
- A purpose-built department that is well equipped.
- A large team of dedicated and committed staff.
- A college culture which seeks to be fair, developmental, and genuinely supportive of staff and pupils.
- Opportunities to access professional development to ensure you are successful at the start and as the role develops.
- Support from cross Trust systems and school improvement leaders.
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form from our main recruitment page at https://bidefordcollege.org/recruitment/
We reserve the right to close this advert and interview and appoint earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a good response to the advert, so early applications are warmly invited.
Launceston College Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to DBS clearance and appropriate pre-employment checks.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years