About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Head of Technology to lead our successful department for an Easter 2021 start. We are looking for someone who can provide outstanding leadership or quickly develop their leadership to an outstanding level to ensure that learning and progress in all areas continue on an upward trajectory following our recent Ofsted ‘Good’ rating in 2019.
This role may ideally suit someone who is looking to make the step into middle leadership or who is looking to build upon their current experience and success at that level.
Applicants are sought from a Technology background and must have the ability to oversee a department which includes DT, Art & Food. We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
· An academy making consistent improvement.
· Excellent facilities and resources.
· Access to an outstanding professional development programme.
· A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
· Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
· Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
· Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
· An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
· Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
· Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
- To apply, please click the ‘APPLY’ button at the top of the following page https://www.sheffieldsprings-academy.org/vacancies
- Closing date: Monday 18th January 2021 (applications must be received no later than 12:00 noon)
- Interviews: To take place the following week.
- Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sheffield Springs Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years