Pioneer Educational Trust is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, forward-thinking and committed teacher of Design & Technology not only to lead the department at Upton Court Grammar School but who will also challenge and inspire our very able students and continue to ensure the subject grows and expands across both material areas.
Currently, the Trust Schools are Upton Court Grammar School in Slough, Trevelyan Middle School in Windsor and Foxborough Primary School in Langley.
The Trust’s ethos is to ‘recruit for attitude, train for skill’! Our mission is grounded on three core values which our schools embrace. These are:
- to collaborate: we believe in working in partnership and providing both high challenge and high support that enables every individual and team to succeed together
- to invest: we believe in releasing potential and seek to provide a wide range of exciting professional learning experiences for every individual
- to pioneer: we believe in taking risks and we never accept mediocrity
Furthermore, Upton Court Grammar School seeks to:
- become a world-class school, seen as a centre of excellence and creativity in learning and teaching;
- equip students with the ability to articulate their ideas with confidence in an increasingly competitive international work environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced and qualified teacher, with excellent subject knowledge and a good track record of raising attainment;
- Be confident in teaching across the key stages in D&T, including A Level Product Design;
- Have knowledge and understanding of the Food & Nutrition specification;
- Possess leadership qualities with the desire to promote the creative and STEM subjects across the curriculum
- Have a collaborative and motivated approach with the ability to deliver the subject through a variety of innovative ways;
- Have knowledge of Health & Safety requirements in the subject area, holding appropriate certification in processes and equipment
- Have a passion for designing and making and the ability to share this with young people
- Able to develop CAD/CAM in 2D and 3D formats
- Be willing to offer extra support through clubs, visits and enrichment classes.
The most recent OFSTED inspection graded the school as “Outstanding” in all areas. The school has a national reputation for excellence and achievement and was ranked in the top 1% of secondary schools in England for 2018, having attained a Progress 8 score of +0.99.
As part of the School Direct Teacher Training programme, Upton Court Grammar School is also the lead school for the Teach Slough. Working alongside Reading University and the Institute of Education, teacher training is offered in the Slough area. As a Teaching School since September 2013, we provide a first class CPD programme which supports the professional development of teachers at all stages in their careers including teachers new to the profession and leadership development. Other benefits include membership to an employee reward scheme.
The school is changing rapidly, in many ways. This will doubtless continue as the needs of society and our context change too. It is never dull, often challenging, demanding in the best possible way - an exciting and extraordinarily worth-while and fulfilling place to be.