THIMUN is The Hague International Model United Nations. The THIMUN Qatar Regional Office was created as a joint project between Qatar Foundation and the THIMUN Foundation. The office supports efforts around the Middle East region to develop programs and events for young people to seek, through discussion, negotiation, debate, and personal action, solutions to the various problems of the world.
THIMUN Qatar hosts three main events each year: a fall leadership conference co-sponsored with Northwestern University in Qatar; the January high school MUN conference; and the new Middle School Model United Nations-Qatar, held each spring.
In addition, the regional office works with national partner schools throughout the region to develop MUN programs locally. The THIMUN Foundation MUN conference affiliation program allows partner schools to achieve affiliation status for their conference. In addition, educational materials, local training conferences and many other opportunities are available for schools in the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Professional teaching qualification, license and/or certification.
- Minimum 6 years of teaching or educational administration experience; international education experience preferred.
- Experience running MUN programs and conferences; THIMUN experience preferred.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential, and in Arabic would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any relevant discipline.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with people from various cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and navigate a wide range of cultural norms.
- Enthusiasm, empathy, patience and resilience.
- Dedication and flexibility, including towards working hours.
To lead and manage THIMUN (The Hague International Model United Nations) Foundation programs within Qatar Foundation and regionally:
- Liaise effectively with the Regional Office Advisory Committee (ROAC); THIMUN Foundation Board of Directors; and the QF office of Pre-University Education which evaluates and reviews the delivery of programs and services.
- Develop and help manage the annual budget for THIMUN programs.
- Initiate and develop new platforms to bring together thousands of young people from a wide variety of cultural and national backgrounds.
- Liaise with the Qatar Foundation HR team to recruit, lead, supervise and ensure the professional development of regional office personnel.
- Establish and maintain effective relations with regional schools, educational and governmental organizations, and community groups in order to strengthen partnerships and grow educational outreach.
- Oversee an annual international MUN conference, leadership conference and fundraising activities to support community and service projects, and other events.
- Facilitate partnerships with government and corporate bodies to obtain financial support and build knowledge partnerships.
- Guide the development and maintenance of QF schools' MUN programs.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate regional office records that include financial accounting; personnel records; program participation data; contracts; and media coverage history.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and participants: students and teachers from within and without Qatar; regional MUN directors and school leadership; THIMUN regional office and QF leadership, board of governors and management; corporate and other institutional partners.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to complete in full the application form and submit it as a single pdf file attachment to:
Mr. Stuart Leeming
Qatar Foundation Schools
and copy to:
Ms. Gina D’Souza
PA to the Executive Director
Qatar Foundation Schools
Initial closing date for applications - 17th November 2017.
Qatar Foundation Schools reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the application deadline should this prove desirable.
Successful appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and verification of qualifications. The Office of Pre-University Education is committed to safeguarding and the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with previous employers and national/international disclosure service as appropriate