As a 7-18 State Boarding School we are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic person to provide highly effective leadership of the Upper School (Years 10-11). They will foster a culture of high expectations and aspirations, support students’ personal development and well-being and ensure high standards of learning and achievement for all students. They are also responsible for preparing students fully for the demands of the next stage in their education.
The Head of Upper School will teach a reduced timetable in the school, and will line manage the Heads of Year 10 and 11. This role will very suit an experienced teacher looking to move into a senior management position in time.
The successful candidate will:
• Lead the Upper School providing clear direction and a sense of purpose and leading and developing the aims and ethos of the school
• Have oversight of the pastoral provision to support the personal development and well-being of all students across years 10 and 11
• To have oversight of student progress within the Upper School, using data and interventions effectively, to enable all students to realise and reach their academic potential
• To provide effective leadership to Heads of Year 10 and 11; and guide and support them in their roles and duties
• To lead the Upper School to the highest standards of professionalism as a role model for colleagues and students
Single or larger rent-free accommodation may be available for the appointee in return for boarding duties.
To apply please complete an application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Closing date: Wednesday 21st March at midday
Interview: Monday 26th March
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.