At Ark William Parker, our vision is simple: to create a great school which transforms the life chances of the young people of Hastings. We’re looking for teachers and leaders who are motivated every single day to make a difference where it matters; teachers for whom the challenge of transforming educational outcomes is a motivating opportunity.
We are now looking to recruit a Head of Year 12, who will also teach either History or Maths. The key responsibilities of the Head of Year 12 will be:
· To support the sixth form’s core aim of ensuring our students progress to good universities or directly into an aspirational career of their choice;
· To support the Head of Sixth Form in tracking students’ academic progress;
· To work with tutors, subject leaders and teachers to develop intervention strategies and individual learning plans for at-risk students in order to address under-achievement and maximise retention from Y12 to Y13;
· To lead and coordinate a team of tutors, ensuring that students receive high quality support, advice and guidance across all aspects of their learning and development; · To ensure exemplary student conduct, attendance and punctuality;
· To contribute to the development of sixth form teaching, learning and assessment;
· To contribute to the strategic development of our sixth form provision.
Ark Sixth Form comprises of Ark William Parker Academy and Helenswood Academy – two single sex, non-selective, 11-16 secondary schools. We have a reputation for delivering excellent outcomes. Over a number of years our students have successfully moved from our sixth form to top universities including Oxbridge and the Russell Group. Post-16 education is a growing strength within the network and one which will provide support and inspiration.
Ideal candidates will:
· be an outstanding practitioner, with a strong commitment to the highest standards for teaching and learning
· have excellent leadership and management skills
· have a proven track record of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
· have a resilient character and a strong personal drive
· understand the difference that a great education can make to pupils
Working at Ark William Parker you’ll be able to see the impact you make every day. The improvement will be tangible - not just for the boys of William Parker, but for the community of Hastings.
As an academy, we offer a middle leadership development programme. This is a great opportunity for motivated teachers looking for career development and their next challenge.
We are looking for proven middle leaders who can demonstrate success and are seeking the opportunity to be part of whole school transformation. By taking part, you will have the opportunity to advance to senior leadership positions within the school or other schools in the Ark network. For further details, please follow this link: https://goo.gl/TV2TTf .
This, along with the training you’ll receive as part of the Ark network, and Hastings’ burgeoning art scene, historic old town and seaside air, make it the perfect place to live and continue your teaching career. For more information about the school please visit www.arkwilliamparker.org.
Please submit your application at https://goo.gl/XMwDIo by 11am by Monday 5th December.
For an informal, confidential discussion please contact the Recruitment Team on 0203 116 6345 or Recruitment@arkonline.org.
Closing date: 11am, Monday 5th December
Interviews: Week commencing 5th/12th December
Start date: January/February 2017 or as soon as available
Salary: Ark MPS (Outside London) (£23,026- £33,988)/UPS (£36,458 - £39,204) with TLR
Ark William Parker Academy is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. f