Head of Year 7 From September 2017 / MPS plus TLR 2.3
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas.
The school was graded Outstanding by Ofsted in 2012 and gained the Exceptional Schools Award in 2014. We are looking for a well qualified, enthusiastic teacher who will support our Year 7 students to ensure the highest possible standards of achievement, progress, personal development and well-being.
The successful candidate will be our key ambassador at local primary schools, building and strengthening relationships whilst ensuring a smooth transition for our new Year 7’s. Within our exceptional school you will experience:
• Wonderful students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure • Excellent facilities, including interactive whiteboards and other IT resources
• A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
• Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of newly qualified and more experienced teachers
• London Fringe allowance
• Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
• The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Deputy Head (Pastoral)
Salary / Allowances applicable MPS (plus London fringe allowance) plus TLR 2.3 (currently £6,384 pa)
Start Date September 2017
Application Deadline Noon, 21st March 2017
Interview Date To be advised
The world is ever changing; Challoner’s Girls will shape that world.
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from email@example.com Informal visits to the school are welcome. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing. Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.