Required for January 2020
Corby Technical School invites you to join our team that is dedicated to providing the very best outcomes for our students. We are seeking to recruit a Head of Year 9 who will demonstrate commitment to our “Ambition for All” values by inspiring all students to achieve.
Corby Technical School is an over-subscribed secondary school in the heart of Corby. Our PAN in Year 9 is 150 students. As a smaller sized secondary school, all staff who join have a fantastic opportunity to influence our future direction and we welcome applicants with the vision, drive and commitment to create the best possible opportunities for our students, in order to raise aspirations and transform lives.
The successful candidate will be a member of teaching staff who secures consistently excellent outcomes for students. The post holder will have a highly attentive approach that meets the academic and pastoral needs of all students in the year group. Leading the strategic vision, collaborating and managing other staff effectively, are key aspects of the role along with the following:
• supporting students with all aspects of student progress, curriculum entitlement and pastoral wellbeing including academic intervention which facilitates progress.
• leading on the year group assembly and tutor time programme, and other stakeholder activity such as the student council.
• dealing effectively with staff, parents and outside agencies and lead a team of tutors and year group decisively and by example on a day-to-day basis and at school events.
No particular teaching specialism is sought, but applications from teachers of science, mathematics, English and history, are particularly welcome.
If you think this role is for you then we would like to extend an invitation for you to look round our unique school where we would like to have the opportunity to tell you more about this exciting role. To arrange a visit or if you have any questions please contact Sarah Young on 01536 213100 or at email@example.com.
How to apply:
If having read the advertisement, job description and person specification, you are motivated to apply for this position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
• Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
• Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form either by e-mail or by post to:
Mrs Sarah Young
Corby Technical School
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 23rd
Interviews will be held w/c 28th October 2019
Salary: MPS/UPS with TLR 2B