We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Head of Year to join a dedicated pastoral team. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher with a passion for promoting student success. Applicants with a specialism in English or Maths would be particularly advantageous.
Testbourne Community School is an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2010) set in the heart of its community. Most of our students come from Whitchurch or one of its surrounding picturesque villages. Due to our location, we are also well-served by transport links to the towns of Basingstoke, Andover and Newbury, and the city of Winchester, which provides ample opportunity for networking with other schools and services.
We are a growing school with approximately 900 students currently on roll. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships; our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement, Excellence and Integrity.’ We are passionate about teaching and learning, basing our approach on the latest educational and scientific research about how children learn. We operate with high levels of professional trust and autonomy and have an ambition to become an Institute of Learning Excellence in the future.
In 2019, 76% of our students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in both English and Maths with most subjects also achieving above national average scores. 82 grade 9s were obtained across our cohort and 15 students had an average grade of 8 or above.
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent classroom practitioner;
• be passionate about promoting success and engaging students in having high ambitions for themselves;
• be forward thinking and keen to develop as a practitioner;
• be committed to supporting the well-being of students;
• have proven leadership experience;
• have the highest expectations of themselves and of the behaviour and achievement of students.
In return we:
• offer outstanding professional development and expertise to enable staff to achieve excellence;
• provide a highly supportive environment with opportunities to develop as an education practitioner;
• provide a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a love of learning;
• offer first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions;
• provide excellent support for NQTs with well trained and experienced professional tutors and mentors.