Head of Year
Grade H8 (SCP 23-26) – 37 Hours Per Week, 40 Weeks Per Year
Pro Rata Salary £24,589.74 - £26,916.11 p.a. inclusive of Fringe Allowance
Start Date: 2 September 2019
Could you be an enthusiastic ad inspirational Head of Year who would like to join a successful and popular 11-19 mixed secondary school that provides the highest quality education for all learners? If you believe that anyone can excel and that everyone deserves the best, then this is the job for you.
The Head of Year will join the pastoral team in Student Services. The successful applicant will work to ensure the effective care of the social, emotional and learning needs of all individual students within their Year group, removing barriers to learning and promoting the ethos of a happy academy where everyone succeeds. The applicant will have a Level 2 Designated Senior Lead (DSL) qualification and working closely with the Year Achievement Leader will be responsible for planning interventions around behaviour and key pastoral issues that arise within the year group.
You will have a passion for continuous improvement, high expectations and very high standards of performance.
We can offer:
1. Professional development opportunities
2. Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and department heads
3. A full induction programme for new staff to the academy
4. An incentive package, which includes: complimentary gym membership, access to the cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and full use of an employee assistance programme
5. Promotion and career development within a multi academy trust setting (Meller Educational Trust)
6. The opportunity to work in our double award winning £30 million building with excellent facilities
7. A full programme of wellbeing and social activities as part of our commitment as an Investors in People (Health and Wellbeing Award) employer
If you would like to join a forward thinking academy with a strong vision, and a team of staff and students who share the commitment to its success and are ‘Proud to Belong’ then, we would welcome your application.
Please visit our website http://thebusheyacademy.org/recruitment/current-vacancies for a job description and application form. Your application form and letter of application should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 9am Friday 5 July 2019
Interviews: w/c 8 July 2019
The Bushey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.