Oak Wood is a friendly and vibrant community where everyone is provided with the tools to thrive. By living and breathing our values every day, we ensure we provide an environment where everyone can feel confident, secure and valued. Our core ethos is “We Dream, we Learn, we Grow” – to ensure that each student knows anything is possible and can fulfil their potential here at Oak Wood.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Head of Year who aligns to this ethos to join our school. This is an exciting opportunity for a teacher looking to take their career in a new direction centred around achievement.
All staff at Oak Wood share a collective philosophy to develop the whole child, combining an intellectually rigorous and challenging academic environment with outstanding pastoral care and support. As a team we work collaboratively, not as individuals, so that our students receive a tailored, rounded education. We do this because our duty as educators is to prepare our students for the rigours and demands of the 21st century.
If you want to join a forward-thinking school where the senior leadership team support, develop and nurture their staff, this could be the opportunity for you!
· To be accountable for the monitoring of the curriculum and pastoral provision for students in year group.
· To track the progress and achievements of students through the year group.
· To ensure that strategies are in place to maximise achievement and address underachievement of students in the year group.
· To lead, manage, motivate and develop a year team of tutors.
Key Tasks and activities:
· Monitoring and enhancing curriculum and pastoral provision or a year group: Quality assurance.
· Tracking the progress and achievements of students in the year group, and ensuring, through intervention strategies, that their attainment is maximised.
· Line management.
· You would be required to undertake an appropriate programme of teaching on an agreed ratio.
· To support students in the year group.
· To ensure effective liaison with parents.
· Expectation at certain points during the 4 year cycle.
· To liaise with staff responsible for exams to make arrangements for and ensure the smooth running of external or internal exams for the year group and to coordinate effective support from the form tutors.
· To support the Deputy Head Teachers in the Key Stage 3-4 options process.
· To effectively manage a year team budget in order to progress SDP priorities and meet the school’s aims.
· Strategic leadership.
· Whole school contribution.
To discover more about this exciting opportunity and for an information pack please contact our retained consultant, Danielle Newman, at CER Education Recruitment on 020 3957 8005 or email her at email@example.com
Oak Wood is fully committed to Safeguarding and an enhanced DBS disclosure is an essential requirement for all posts at the school.