We have an opportunity for someone to join our highly motivated and successful team of pastoral leaders. This is a very important appointment to us as the work of the Heads of Year is an important element to the success of our students. This post would suit you if you are looking to develop your pastoral and professional practice. Graded good for Personal Development, behaviour and welfare we are aspiring to an outstanding judgement. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a calm and assertive approach to behaviour management, with the ability to think strategically and worth within the ethos of Hertfordshire Steps. Barnwell School is committed to the development and training of all staff.
Pre-application visits to the school are welcomed
For further information or to arrange a visit please telephone or email Sarah Phillips, HR Manager. email@example.com 01438 222500
Closing date for applicants: Wednesday 31 January 2018 at noon
Interviews: Week commencing: 5 February 2018
Barnwell School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced Disclose and Barring Service (DBS) check and employment references.
Barnwell serves the communities of South Stevenage and the surrounding villages although many students also travel from further afield to Barnwell for their education. The School is unique in the area as it is situated on two campuses allowing the school to be structured as a Middle and Upper School. What we offer is unique in Stevenage and North Hertfordshire. Both the Middle and Upper School are very distinctive and are personalised to the ages of the students they serve but both are underpinned by the same expectations and high standards that originate from Barnwell School’s vision: Achieving Excellence Together Our Vision is to create and deliver outstanding educational experiences for every student at Barnwell School.
We achieve this through:
- valuing every student as an individual, ensuring they realise their potential by providing an aspirational and engaging curriculum
- delivering the highest standards of teaching and learning to ensure excellent progress and achievement that inspires all our students
- ensuring no matter what the starting point, outstanding progress is achievable by all
- supporting student growth and development through our close caring community ethos of respect and tolerance for others and building a sense of belonging
- providing a learning environment which is both stimulating and supportive, whilst fostering excellence and independence
- inspiring a culture and thirst for lifelong learning based on motivation, challenge, praise and reward to enable students to achieve their goals in life
- building positive partnerships with parents and the local community to widen opportunities and secure high quality outcomes for all of our students
Achieving Excellent Together
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com