Head of Year required for September 2018
Addey and Stanhope is rich in tradition. It is also forward-looking: a place of excitement and innovation. Most importantly, we are a community, a family. We all work here because we believe that we can make a difference to the life chances of the young people of Deptford. This has remained the core purpose of the school for 300 years and this will never be compromised.
We are looking for an inspirational Head of Year who will teach across the age and ability ranges in their specialist subject in a school that is rooted in strong relationships, a love for learning and high quality teaching. It is expected that the successful applicant will take responsibility for Year 9 from September 2018.
▪ Small, high achieving, comprehensive with a strong sense of community.
▪ Individual professional development programme
▪ Located in a dynamic area of London undergoing rapid and exciting changes, with great train, tube, DLR and bus links.
We are looking for someone who:
▪ Will never, ever give up on a young person
▪ Is 100% committed to ensuring that their year group is the best that they can possibly be
▪ Committed to the highest standards of learning and achievement for all students.
▪ Has a ‘can do’ attitude and works collaboratively
▪ Is an excellent classroom practitioner willing to share their expertise within their department and across the school
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be subject to DBS checks.
Addey & Stanhope School follows the Lewisham Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy
No agencies please