Head of Year (non-teaching)
WORKING PATTERN: 35 Hours per week (08:00am – 3:30pm), term time only plus 5 days
SALARY: Grade 6 Points 27-31 (£24,174-£27,668) pro rata £ 20,723- £23,718 actual
START DATE: 4th September 2017
CONTRACT: Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2018
Do you have experience of providing pastoral support to students? Could you make a difference by delivering strategies and interventions to our student’s to improve their educational, behavioural, social and emotional development? The Barlow RC High School is an excellent place to work! As a leading Catholic High School, we are determined to create an environment where students and adults alike can achieve their full potential. Our school motto is ‘If you believe, you can achieve’ and if this describes you read on.
You will be located in Didsbury, (often voted as one of the most popular places to live in Manchester) only a short walk from the vibrant shops, bars and restaurants of Didsbury village. You will also have access to excellent transport links to Manchester city centre and surrounding areas.
As a Head of Year, you will lead a family tutor team and be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the behavior, health, safety, personal, social and emotional welfare of students within your designated year group. You will provide support and guidance and co-ordinate all non-academic interventions to students in your year group. In addition, you will assist in the provision of welfare services to students and supervise students whilst in the School’s Internal Exclusion/Behaviour unit.
• Have experience of working successfully with students/young people and their families
• Have experience of providing pastoral support/interventions to students
• Have a clear understanding of pastoral and student guidance issues in schools
• Possess the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate both students and colleagues including the ability to manage behaviour;
• Be committed to driving and raising whole school standards and expectations in particular behaviour and attendance
• Have excellent communication, organization and data analysis skills
• Be pro-active with the ability to act on their own initiative with the ability to hit the ground running.
In return, we will offer you the opportunity to further your professional development in a supportive and friendly environment If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website http://www.thebarlowrchigh.co.uk for an application pack. Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com quoting the post title, reference and your name in the subject line of the email. Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 8am Wednesday 28th June 2017
Interview date: w/c 3rd July 2017
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.