Head of Year
Do you want to work for a school whose innovation and passion for teaching has won a string of awards in its first year of opening? At a school which brings life to the motto ‘Inspiring Learning’? Where the learning experience of every child is at the heart of everything we do?
Following the promotion of the last two post holders to Senior Leadership posts in the school, we are looking for two exceptional Head of Year teaching staff who have the highest expectations of both themselves and the students they teach and support. If you provide high quality, innovative teaching with an abundance of pastoral care, then we can offer you a modern, career advancing opportunity with the chance to work with other exceptional teachers.to join us in June or September 2019,
We opened in September 2016 with 150 students and just 10 teachers! September 2019; and we will be 720 students strong with over 40 teachers and near completion of an 18 month £4.2 million refurbishment project. Our Sixth Form opens in 2021.
In our first year alone we have accumulated a haul of awards including the ‘EQ’ equalities award, the Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award, a Pearson Teaching Awards Certificate of Excellence and more recently, Prince’s Teaching Institute Mark – an organisation that promotes education for all. In addition, we were delighted to be featured in the Parliamentary Review 2017, showcasing best practice in education nationwide.
As we continue to trailblaze our success, the future for Pinner High School is bright and exciting!
What you can offer:
- A good honors degree and QTS in relevant subject.
- A collaborative, supportive approach to pastoral care.
- Lesson plans which excite and stretch all students.
- A shared passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
- A high expectation of self and others.
Reasons to work at Pinner High school:
- The opportunity to help shape KS4 GCSE to our first Y9 students.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including schools within the Trust across the Borough.
- Access to the Harrow Collegiate Teaching School Alliance.
- The opportunity to develop subject curriculum.
- The opportunity to contribute to extra-curricular activities as part of the ‘Heads Challenge’ scheme – our own Duke of Edinburgh style award.
- The opportunity to work with a supportive, collaborative leadership team, open to new ideas and policies to feed into the school’s growth and development.
- Room for progression.
To find out why we’re so proud of Pinner High School, visit our website www.pinnerhighschool.org or check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or our You Tube channel: https://youtu.be/OgKGh7vBfJw
School visits welcomed on the following days and times:
- Friday 9th November: 8am
- Wednesday 14th: 3.30pm
- Thursday 22nd: 8am or 9am
Please email email@example.com for availability and to book in.
If Pinner High School sounds like it is right for you:
Download the application form, complete and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit a personal statement explaining why you want to work with us and why you are the best person for the role.
CV's strictly not accepted.
Pinner High School and Harrow Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For more information about our safeguarding policies, please visit our school website: