“Hoe Valley School is an inspiring environment at the heart of its community where every student’s experience is personalised. Our students will learn to think independently, pursue their ambitions and achieve to their highest potential.”
We are looking for a passionate and talented Head of Year to join our outstanding School.
The successful Head of Year will have the exciting and unique opportunity to help shape the Pastoral System as the School grows and assist the Deputy Head Teacher in all aspects of Behaviour, Safety and Welfare to prepare students for the demands of 21st century life. This is a fantastic opportunity to support all students in line with the new Progress 8 measures in ensuring that every student leaves Hoe Valley School with excellent academic outcomes and a clear purpose for the next stage of their life.
Our Head of Year will be an inspirational teacher with a proven track record of leading students to achieve outstanding results. They will embrace creativity, innovation and always be looking for the very best practice in teaching. They will share the School's vision that with excellent teaching and pastoral systems all young people can achieve at the highest levels.
The role is a substantive post for September 2021.
Hoe Valley School is:
- An oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Opening a STEAM focussed academic 6th Form in September 2023
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking
- Our staff have access to a cycle to work scheme, reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities and convenient free parking at our School
- We have extended School days which allow for longer holidays to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff
- The School is committed to offering bespoke professional development pathways to all members of staff and would ensure the successful candidate has a development programme in place
- You will have a bachelor's degree at a 2.1 or higher
- You will have Qualified teacher status through a PGCE, GTP or other international equivalent
- You will have a National Curriculum related discipline at A-level standard or equivalent
- You will have experience of designing and delivering exciting, challenging and personalised lessons
- You can show evidence of holding high aspirations for young people
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a School's development at an 'outstanding' school and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 18th April 2021
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.
Hoe Valley School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years