Applications are sought from a highly motivated and ambitious professional with a desire to work in our successful, thriving and supportive 11-18 Academy as Head of Years 10 and 11.
We work meticulously to secure a culture of unapologetically high expectations that are underpinned by our collective, uncompromising belief and ambition for the students of Beacon Academy and for the experienced, loyal, highly skilled and highly effective team of staff that teach them, allowing teachers to teach and students to learn in a school where leadership, management, safeguarding, behaviour and welfare are all judged as outstanding. We are committed to the development of both our staff and students.
In 2017, we achieved our best ever A level and GCSE results which now place Beacon Academy as the top performing school in Sussex and in the top 3% of schools nationally. Furthermore, in June 2017 we were one of only sixty-five schools nationwide to be awarded National Teaching School and National Support School designations, taking a leading role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession. We work alongside our alliance partner schools to provide high-quality, school-led teacher training and professional development for teachers at all stages of their career. Our Headteacher, Ms Robinson, is also a designated National Leader of Education and a Consultant Headteacher for East Sussex County Council.
To be successful, you will be experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong organisational skills, and ready to play a significant role.
You will be:
- an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of raising attainment for students;
- a confident and competent user of data, able to empower others in its use to support outstanding pedagogy;
- able to work with the Assistant Head of Years 10 & 11 and Tutors, and be the lead link between students, staff and parents;
- able to inspire and challenge every student, enabling them to make excellent progress;
- able to lead and take a proactive approach on standards, including attendance and attainment, promoting high expectations and ensuring that learners achieve their core aim and make progress towards their indicators in all subjects;
- able to communicate, enthuse and empower staff and implement ideas, monitoring the effectiveness of the Academy’s policies to support behaviour for learning.
We are a split-site, rural, mixed 11-18 non-selective converter academy with approximately 1,300 students, including over 250 students in our Sixth Form. We are situated centrally in Crowborough, on the outskirts of the Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding natural beauty. We are close to Tunbridge Wells and the South Coast.
If you would like more information on this role, or to arrange an informal visit, please contact the Human Resources Department on 01892 603078 or email email@example.com in the first instance.
Please be advised that we do not accept curriculum vitae.
Closing date: 10am on Wednesday, 25th April 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to Enhanced DBS clearance and suitable references.