Bradfield College are seeking an experienced Head Pastry Chef to lead the college’s new dedicated pastry kitchen. This role offers an excellent work/life balance.
The Head Pastry Chef is a key senior role within the brigade, working closely with the Executive Chef and Head Chef to deliver exceptional food on a daily basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The daily operation and food production of the pastry kitchen servicing, banqueting functions and cafe with a typical combined service of 2000 covers a day (Breakfast 400, Lunch 800, Dinner 600)
- Menu planning and innovation
- Leading a brigade of 2 pastry chefs, committed to delivering high quality, healthy and interesting food
- Proactive management of areas such as, food costs, labour, operating costs and food safety
The Head Pastry Chef will be responsible for both term time production and also extensive out of term time catered events, such as weddings and residential lettings business.
Experience in similar roles is essential, with a quality background and experience gained from working in high end hotel and restaurant sectors along with experience of volume gained from areas such as, sports hospitality, private dining, banqueting or large outdoor events.
In return, Bradfield College, offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- A free meal during the working day when College kitchens are open
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Subsidised membership of the College Sports Centre
- Subsidised membership of the Golf Club
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Limited late nights (normal late shift patterns end at 20:30, barring a few key college events)
- Christmas & New Year, catering is closed and you are guaranteed not to be working
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 4th June 2021.
Bradfield College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening as part of their application. This includes submitting an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate prior to employment, registration of the DBS Update Service and checks with past employers.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 13 - 19 years
Founded in 1850 by Thomas Stevens, and set in the village of Bradfield amidst unspoilt Berkshire countryside, Bradfield College enjoys a well-established reputation for being one of the country’s leading co-educational, independent schools through it...