Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900101162
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Concord High School
Principal Network Strathfield
Staffing Area Granville
FTE 1.000Contact Name Victor Newby - Principal
Contact Phone number 029745 3777
Closing Date 22-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Concord High School is a large, dynamic, comprehensive setting with approximately 1300 students from a broad range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. The 3 Deputy Principals and 100 teaching staff are experienced, high-performing and have high expectations of successful student outcomes. There are a wide range of wellbeing and extra-curricular programs in place designed to ensure that all students are engaged and well supported in their learning. The school is set in picturesque surroundings in the inner western suburbs of Sydney. Priorities in the 2021-2024 School Plan focus on Academic Achievement, Student Engagement and Building Capacity of staff and students to achieve to their full potential.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria:
A visible leader, who can work collaboratively as a member of a high functioning executive team, with high level organisational and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated skills in implementing and overseeing the use of online administration systems, including Sentral, Edval, and SAP to manage school staffing, reporting, and organisation.
Demonstrated ability to gather and analyse data to inform innovative whole school programs to meet school targets and support improved student attendance, learning, engagement and wellbeing.
Highly developed student management skills with the capacity to achieve compliance in the areas of uniform, lateness, truancy and whole day attendance.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.