Due to the forthcoming retirement of Heather Sutton, our current Head Teacher, we are looking to appoint an inspirational leader who will preserve the caring, supportive ethos of our school whilst moving it to further success.
Four Oaks Primary School is an inclusive, supportive, happy school with a strong reputation in the local area. We are consistently oversubscribed with long waiting lists in all year groups. Relationships with families are extremely positive; with parents and carers eager to support the school and their children’s learning in equal measure.
We have a highly motivated and experienced staff team who have been fundamental in achieving and maintaining Ofsted Outstanding judgement since July 2011. This is no mean feat, and will clearly be a major task for the incoming Head Teacher.
In addition, we wish the school and its pupils to continue to make progress in learning with improving standards and high expectations a must. We firmly believe that the whole school community should be involved in the process of learning. All of us who come to the site to learn, to work or to help have their part to play in the adventure that learning should be.
In short, we are looking for a Head Teacher who:
- will be an inspirational leader, who will work with all staff, and value their contributions to the life of the school, to achieve the best outcomes for children
- will value our children and take pride in their achievements, inspiring them to be passionate learners and realise their full potential;
- will strive for excellent attendance, attainment and progress for all our pupils;
- has the skills and vision to maintain and further develop Four Oaks Primary School as an outstanding school;
- will actively promote the school’s strengths and ethos and build upon its role as a school for the whole community, including being an active participant in the Learning Trust for Excellence
- will maintain and further develop the climate for exemplary pupil behaviour
- will be committed to providing a safe, supportive school environment and have a passionate commitment to personal, social and cultural education
We can offer:
- a happy, safe learning environment in which every child is nurtured to develop a love of learning
- a supportive ethos built upon mutual respect, including support from other local head teachers in the Learning Trust for Excellence
- a highly-motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Governing Board
- very supportive parents and carers
- a thriving school which supports the whole child through a rich range of extra-curricular activities
- a commitment to supporting our children’s personal and emotional development
You will notice that the applications are made directly to Birmingham Local Authority in the first instance. As indicated in the information there are direct links to the schools website.
Should you wish to visit the school prior to completing an application there are 2 days when this is possible: Wednesday 17 and Tuesday 23 January 2018 at 1.30pm. Please telephone the school on 0121 675 4040 to arrange an appointment.
Closing Date: Monday 29 January 2018, 9am
For further details and application form, please contact the Response Handling Unit on 0121 464 6488 (24 hour answerphone) or email quoting ref: ES2003TB
Shortlisting: Week commencing Monday 12 February 2018
Interview and Selection process: Week commencing Monday 5 March 2018
References will be requested prior to the interview process.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.