The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Headteacher for our improving 2 form entry school situated within a multicultural community.
We are very proud of our school and the work we have done over the years to drive up standards. Although we strive to achieve academic excellence, we are also committed to ensuring that our pupils feel safe, secure and supported so that they can develop a lifelong love of learning and will grow to become caring and responsible adults.
We are looking for an inspirational and dynamic leader to consolidate and build on the school’s successes.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of leadership and management at a senior level
- Will drive improvement and raise standards
- Is forward thinking with high expectations of pupils and staff
- Is an excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Will actively seek to build good relationships with staff, parents and governors as well as pupils
- Will be committed to developing personal and staff expertise
- Will promote inclusion and diversity at all levels
- Will lead by example in promoting pupil welfare and emotional wellbeing
We can offer:
- A really welcoming environment
- A motivated and dedicated staff
- Children who are well behaved, keen and enjoy learning
- Supportive parents who want the best for their children
- A supportive governing body dedicated to moving the school forward
- The successful candidate would be expected to take up the appointment at the beginning of the Summer term.
Closing Date: Wednesday 30 Nov 2016, 12 Noon
Shortlisting:Monday 5 December 2016
Interviews: Wednesday 11 January 2017
For further details and application form, please contact the Response Handling Unit on 0121 464 6488 (24 hour answerphone) or email CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk quoting ref ES1881.
We encourage interested applicants to arrange an informal visit by contacting school on the above number.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Yorkmead J/I School (NC), York Road, Hall Green, Birmingham B28 8BB
Tel: 0121 464 4215
Headteacher: Mrs H Dunnico