Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097762
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Granville Boys High School
Principal Network Parramatta
Staffing Area Granville
FTE 1.000Contact Name Kirk Thomas
Contact Phone number 02 96370489
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Granville Boys High School (579 students), 99% Non-English Speaking Background, is a partially selective secondary school for boys, with one selective class in each of the junior years as well as an enrichment class in each of these years. The school also has a Support Unit with four classes including an Autism class, two classes for students with a mild intellectual disability and one for students with a moderate intellectual disability. Granville Boys High School is a culturally and linguistically diverse community which is predominantly from a socio-ecominically disadvantaged background. The majority of the boys who attend the school are of Arabic speaking backgrounds and of Muslim faith. The school has a strong literacy and numeracy focus and has introduced a work-skills program which includes a Barber Shop and the Pulse Cafe. Our culturally and linguistically diverse community is supported by the NSW government equity programs. Our school is located in South-Western Sydney, which is the most multicultural region of Australia. At Granville Boys High School, we are aiming for excellence. Through our partnerships with universities, local businesses and the wider community, we provide our boys with quality teaching and learning opportunities, in order to prepare them for their lives beyond school.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
1. Approval to teach Years 7-12 Music and/or Dance and/or Visual Arts and/or Drama.
2. Capacity to lead, inspire and promote whole-school CAPA initiatives
3. Demonstrated capacity to lead quality teaching and learning for High Potential and Gifted students and the ability to lead differentiation in the creative and performing arts
4. Commitment to catering for the learning needs of students from diverse cultural, linguistic and non-English speaking backgrounds
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.