Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900100885
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Killarney Heights High School
Principal Network The Forest
Staffing Area Northern Beaches
FTE 1.000Contact Name Lesley Fenn
Contact Phone number 94517005
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Killarney Heights High School is a comprehensive co-educational school with a population of 950 students, 46% EALD, located 20 minutes from the Sydney CBD in a bushland setting near the northern beaches of Sydney. The school has a strong tradition of high academic achievement, catering for individual student needs and providing a broad co-curricular program. The school is focused on quality teaching and learning, positive education and skills for the future, aiming to develop well informed, critical and creative thinkers with high resilience. The school community is committed to a strong learning culture with respect for others and aspiration to excellence in all endeavours.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria, candidates must have:
Ability to effectively manage and co-ordinate multiple creative disciplines and have evidence of raising the profile of the arts across all areas.
Expert knowledge of the curriculum and assessment with the capacity to lead the development and implementation of innovative and high quality teaching and learning programs that support a culture of high expectations.
Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills with a capacity to build productive teams and promote professional learning and practice.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.