Reporting to: CEO and Trust Board
The Discovery Special Academy, will provide an excellent, inclusive education for up to 84 children within significant and complex learning, medical and physical needs. The Trust wish to appoint an outstanding head teacher for our new academy with a proven track record of successful school leadership in the field of special educational needs. Occupying a key influential position as the lead professional within the school community, the head teacher will be accountable for the education of current and future generations of children and their leadership will have a decisive impact upon the quality of educational opportunities and consequently of pupils’ achievements and outcomes.
The new head teacher will have exceptional vision, incredibly high expectations and the ability, desire and determination to build our new school. They will also need to be a strong strategic leader with great empathy and moral direction, leading by example the professional conduct and practice of teachers to ensure and celebrate high quality continuous professional development for all.
Discovery will provide:
- a great learning environment for children with a real family atmosphere and community context
- an amazing working environment for staff where everyone is valued and treated with respect
- hard working dedicated and committed staff who strive to gain the best for all of our pupils
- a fully integrated services model working with Physio and Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists and a range of Health and Care Professionals
- supporting parents/carers who will work in partnership with you to achieve the best for their children
- amazing pupils who love coming to school and are encouraged to learn the skills that they will need for life outside of school
- an enthusiastic and supportive CEO and Trust Board that put the interests of the children first and are committed to the continual improvement of the academy
- a passionate and highly performing team of professionals across the trust to learn from and contribute to
We warmly encourage you to visit Pennyman Primary Academy in order to get a sense of the family and community spirit that is at the heart of our Trust and meet the children who will form part of the new academy’s first cohort. Please contact Emma Waites, PA to the CEO on 01642 304406 to arrange an appointment with the CEO.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification. Application packs can be printed directly from the Trust website:http://www.teesvalleyeducation.co.uk/careers/
Hand written or electronic printed copies of the Tees Valley Education application form should be posted or hand delivered to the following address for the attention of Mrs Emma Waites. Please be aware that if you are sending your application by e-mail, the Trust cannot be responsible for any formatting anomalies when printing.
By post: Tees Valley Education, Pennyman Primary Academy, Fulbeck Road, Middlesbrough TS3 0QS.
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 20th November 2017 at 12.00 noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 21st November 2017
Interview Dates: Monday 4th / Tuesday 5th December 2017
Location: Tees Valley Education Offices, Pennyman Primary Academy site, Fulbeck Road, Middlesbrough
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. In addition, this appointment is subject to the current conditions of employment of Headteachers, contained in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and other current educational and employment legislation.