Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900098243
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Mount Austin High School
Principal Network Wagga Wagga
Staffing Area Wagga Wagga
FTE 1.000Contact Name Scott Paterson
Contact Phone number 02 6925 2801
Closing Date 21-Apr-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Mount Austin High School is located in Wagga Wagga, NSW, on Wiradjuri Country. Mount Austin High School is a comprehensive, co-educational, inclusive school. There are 540 students enrolled at Mount Austin High School, 46% of whom, identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. The school caters to a wide range of student interest and ability. There are five Special Education Classes, an Intensive English Class, a Clontarf Academy, Girls @ The Centre program and a Restorative Practices Centre on site.
The school operates under the compressed curriculum model and delivers a wide curriculum choice to students. Staff are a mix of newly appointed, beginning and experienced teachers and are committed to the school, students and community. Developing and maintaining significant community connections, academic growth and delivering authentic post school destinations for all students are focal points of school planning. Mount Austin High School works in close partnership with the local AECG and is part of the Public High Schools Alliance, Wagga Wagga.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval to teach English 7-12 and demonstrated capacity to teach English Extension 1 and 2.
- Demonstrated exemplary classroom practice and capacity to lead colleagues to promote a culture of collaboration, high expectations and innovative teaching practice resulting in improved student outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity to be a dynamic member of the school’s executive leadership team and capacity to lead data informed initiatives that address whole school strategic directions.
- Highly developed interpersonal and instructional leadership skills, with demonstrated capacity to lead and manage a faculty with diverse expertise and experience.
General Selection Criteria
- Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
- Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
- Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.