Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900096370
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Murrumbidgee Regional High School
Principal Network Griffith
Staffing Area Griffith
FTE 1.000Contact Name David Crelley
Contact Phone number 02 6969 9300
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
The new Murrumbidgee Regional High School which combined Griffith and Wade High schools in Griffith is now finishing its second year. Murrumbidgee Regional High School (1250 students, including 12% Aboriginal and 23% Pacifica students) is a comprehensive, coeducational high school that focuses on achieving outstanding student outcomes. The school is renowned for and extremely proud of its strong community support.
We deliver gifted and talented, acceleration and extension subjects so that students can pursue academic excellence. There is a strong emphasis on learning and career pathways with a focus on hospitality, engineering, agriculture and tourism to meet the growing employment opportunities in Griffith.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
Approval to teach English 7-12.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality teaching and learning to engage and inspire all students.
- Demonstrated success in leading the integration of technology in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills with the capacity to work as a dynamic member of the school leadership team.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.