The Staff, Children and Governors of the James Oglethorpe Primary School are looking for an enthusiastic and committed experienced deputy, or head teacher with the drive and enthusiasm to lead our school from good to outstanding. Having recently expanded to two form entry we feel this is an exciting time to join us!
We can offer you:
- happy and motivated children
- a friendly and inclusive working environment
- a strong and supportive leadership team and governing body
- a dedicated and caring staff
- spacious grounds and buildings enjoying a semi-rural aspect with the capacity to accommodate future growth of pupil numbers
- good commuter access by road or rail
- strong partnerships with parents, carers and our local community and an active parents’ association
We are looking for someone who has a commitment to putting children first and who:
- will enable them to achieve their full potential
- has a calm, resilient, empathetic and ‘hands on’ approach
- has a commitment to improving achievement and understands the strategies necessary to deliver high learning standards
- is an outstanding teacher with significant leadership experience
- has effective listening and communication skills
- will work with our committed experienced team to build on the existing strengths to move the school to an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating.
- has a commitment to professional development of all members of the school community
- has the vision to promote the highest standards of pupil achievement and behaviour.
‘From tiny acorns to mighty oaks’
We look forward to welcoming you for a visit.
Please telephone to arrange an appointment.
The James Oglethorpe Primary School (NOR 310)
Ashvale Gardens, Upminster, Essex, RM14 3NB
Tel: 01708 225202 Fax: 01708 641050
Head Teacher: Ms Deborah Rowles B.Ed (Hons) NPQH
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2016
Interviews to be held on: 9th December 2016
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Everybody who works for the school is expected to share and promote this commitment and to have, or acquire, the relevant abilities, skills and knowledge to carry it out.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.