Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900098612
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Holroyd High School
Principal Network Girraween
Staffing Area Fairfield
FTE 1.000Contact Name Rebecca Franklin
Contact Phone number 96319410
Closing Date 14-Apr-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Holroyd High School is a small, successful comprehensive high school (enrolment approximately 480 students 7-12, including 86% non-English speaking backgrounds) with a focus on visible learning and high expectations in a safe, inclusive and supportive environment which enables all students to grow and progress as learners. The school has an Intensive English Centre for newly arrived students of non-English speaking background and a support unit for students with an intellectual disability and/or autism. The school receives equity funding to support students from low socio-economic backgrounds
Head Teachers are members of the school's executive team and are responsible for supporting the senior executive in leading and managing the school in a range of areas.
At Holroyd High School, the Head Teacher HSIE has specific responsibilities for educational leadership, educational programs including VET, high expectations learning, resource management, student and staff wellbeing, performance and development, school partnerships and community engagement.
A Head Teacher can also be responsible for other duties as delegated by the Principal.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval to teach and/or willingness to teach in the areas of History (7-10), Geography (7-10), Modern History, Business Services, Business Studies, Studies of Religion and/or Legal Studies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead data informed practice, and work collaboratively with the executive team to lead, manage and implement whole school priorities and initiatives that lead to student improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead staff at all stages of their career, resulting in a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement across the school.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to contribute to the leadership of the school in a wide range of areas including Visible Learning, senior pathway programs and wellbeing initiatives.
- Demonstrated capacity to cater for the learning and wellbeing needs of a diverse range of learner
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.