Do you have the vision, drive and passion to lead our school on its journey to Good and Outstanding?
A fantastic opportunity, for an exceptional leader to guide the school on its continued journey to good and outstanding.
The school prides itself on being a student-centred learning community - our students are at the centre of everything we do, and every decision is based on what will give the best outcomes for them.
The school has undergone many changes during recent years and it is now a friendly, thriving and stimulating place to work and study. We have fantastic students, supportive parents, some excellent primary schools and staff who are committed to improving the school and the lives of young people.
We are seeking to appoint a Headteacher who will continue to lead and inspire the next phase of our journey to ‘Good’ and then ‘Outstanding’. You must be able to share our passion for comprehensive education and demonstrate outstanding leadership, management and communication skills and help us build on the current momentum established by the existing headteacher over the past 4 years.
The ability and vision to build on the School's established strengths is essential.
- Have a proven track record in strategic leadership with the ability to manage change
- Provide inspirational leadership, ensuring delivery of academic excellence through the highest possible standards of teaching and learning;
- Consolidate and continue to develop our community links and collaborative networks; building and further developing partnerships between students, parents, our feeder schools, governors and the whole community
- Strengthen and improve upon our reputation as a caring, nurturing and inclusive school;
- Maintain high aspirations for students, ensuring they are equipped with the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to face the challenges of the ever-changing world.
In return we can offer:
- The genuine desire from all staff to drive up standards of teaching and learning in order to raise attainment across all phases.
- Well-motivated enthusiastic learners
- A talented and committed senior leadership team
- An experienced governing body who are ambitious, supportive and challenging
Candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school and tours will be available from Monday 11th June 2018. Please contact Alison Whiteley on 0113 205 9559 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to visit the school.
Closing date: Monday 25th June 12:00 noon
Shortlisting: 2nd July 2018
Interviews: 9th & 10th July 2018
Safeguarding is of the utmost importance at Royds and we follow safer recruitment practice including taking up references after shortlisting and before interviewing. Royds has a proven commitment to “Equality of Opportunity” and actively promotes the welfare and safeguarding of young people.
Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How to Apply:
To request an application pack please contact Toni Leigh-West or Emily Harker via email at: email@example.com or telephone 0113 3788525
In addition to the application form, we would like you to tell us about an initiative that you have led at a school which you believe can help address one of the areas for improvement identified at Royds. This can be in any format but should be a maximum of one side of A4.