Applications are welcome for the Founding Head Teacher of The British School of Lisbon, opening its doors in August 2019.
The school is being established by The Schools Trust, who’s trustees have been responsible for the opening and governance of many prominent British schools around the world.
The school will deliver the English National Curriculum and its main focus will be to attain exceptional academic standards, in line with the very best U.K. independent schools. The new campus, located in the centre of Lisbon, is an unforgettable building with a rich heritage and a 400 children capacity with 20 classrooms in total. The school will initially offer the Foundation and Primary year groups but is expected to start offering secondary education in the near future.
The Schools Trust is looking for a Head Teacher who:
- has a proven track record of senior academic leadership
- is highly motivated and able to inspire and support others
- sets high standards, and aspirational targets, in line with the organisation’s ethos and taking on board our mantra of building “World Leading Schools”
The Schools Trust favours applicants who:
- have experience working in UK Independent schools or reputable
- international schools offering the English National Curriculum
- have IT and language skills (in particular Portuguese)
The Schools Trust will offer:
- a supportive environment to develop and grow your skills, strengths and leadership
- the opportunity to innovate and be forward-thinking
- a commitment to continuous improvement and professional development
- a knowledgeable and committed governing body who provide constructive support
As our Head Teacher, you will be expected to lead this development in partnership with the trustees, staff, parents, children and the local community, all the while delivering a vision for our future success. If you are highly motivated, resilient, and want to make a real impact, this could be the role for you.
We invite applications from highly qualified candidates with a proven track record of leadership and exceptional management, including the strategic vision to recruit and lead an exceptional team that promotes the further development of this outstanding school.
To apply for any of the above positions, please email your CV, references and application letter to email@example.com.
Closing date 30th November 2018.
Initial interviews will be held in December 2018.