A unique opportunity for an ambitious, dynamic, inspiring and experienced leader with commitment and vision to continue to develop all aspects of the school. The successful applicant will be an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of successful leadership and management.
About the School
King David Primary School is a voluntary aided modern orthodox Jewish school with 420 boys and girls aged 4-11 from a range of backgrounds. Around 21% of pupils are Jewish and the school is unique in its inclusive approach to bringing together children of different religious beliefs and creating a community of respect and kindness. Recently judged by OFSTED as good, it is located within a new state of the art campus including King David High School, Kindergarten, community centre and leisure facilities. The School is conveniently located a few minutes from the end of the M62 and there is free on-site parking.
The School’s Jewish Ethos, Values and Vision
The School is committed to providing all pupils with strong faith-based values together with a stimulating and enriching Jewish experience. Enhancing pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural development within an inclusive and caring environment is at the heart of the school’s ethos. Our core values of respect, responsibility and kindness are embedded across the school.
OFSTED Highlights (October 2017)
“The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school…and have established a caring and calm ethos throughout. You have created an environment that has the well-being of pupils and staff at its core. Staff morale is high and pupils are happy.”
“Pupils are proud of their school and enjoy attending. Relationships between pupils and staff are a strength of the school and are valued by pupils. They are keen to say that the teachers are the ‘best thing about the school.”
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who is
- An experienced and competent leader
- Able to lead the school strategically in our continuing development
- Can inspire, motivate and work collaboratively with staff to reach the highest standards
- An exemplary classroom practitioner
- Able to communicate effectively and build long lasting partnerships with parents, governors and the wider community
- Committed to enhancing the Jewish ethos and values of the school
- Knowledgeable about Jewish education and practice - this is advantageous but not essential
- Passionate about providing faith-based education
What We Can Offer You:
- Opportunities to grow and develop within your role
- A supportive, proactive and knowledgeable governing body
- Experienced, committed and enthusiastic staff
- Pupils who are respectful, well behaved and eager to learn
- An excellent network of local schools as well as the benefit of working alongside the Kindergarten, High School and community as part of a vibrant campus
- State of the art facilities
- A good track record of performance combined with opportunities for development - a school where you can really make your mark and feel valued
We welcome applications from all faiths and backgrounds. The successful candidate must commit to fully supporting the Jewish ethos of the school.
For further information and application form please visit our school website at: www.kingdavidliverpool.co.uk or contact Jean McMeakin - Headteacher’s PA/Clerk to the Governors j.mcmeakin@KingDavidLiverpool.co.uk
Closing date for receipt of applications is at 12 noon on Friday 24th November 2017
Shortlisting will take place on 29th November 2017
Interviews will take place on 13th and 14th December 2017
King David Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society regardless of faith, gender or ethnicity. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post is subject to enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks, adherence to Staff Code of Conduct and School Whistleblowing Policy.