We are looking for a strategic leader who shares our values, inspires and motivates our staff and children, and demonstrates exemplary skills when interacting and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders within school and beyond.
We can offer the opportunity to:
- Work with, and lead, a team of highly competent staff
- Manage a great range of educational facilities across two sites
- Interact with a highly supportive Governing Body
- Benefit from a competitive salary
- Arrange an informal 1:1 visit to the school prior to the submission of your application.
You will need to be a dynamic, strategic leader who:
- Fully recognizes and understands the challenges, variation and advantages that the school presents
- Has a proven success record of improving teaching and learning
- Motivates staff and pupils, leading by example
- An excellent communicator, developing strong relationships with pupils, staff, parents, Governors and a range of stakeholders within and beyond the school
- Has a well-developed working knowledge of SEND policy, provision and challenges, ideally including those associated with ASC issues
- Has an unwavering commitment to ensuring that all our children are exposed to the widest range of high quality educational opportunities both within and beyond the school
- Can effectively link the day-to-day and strategic leadership and decision-making, ensuring the very best outcomes for all our children
- Can bring new ideas and experiences to the school, and work closely with the Governing Body to continuously improve outcomes.
It is likely that the successful candidate will already be a Head Teacher, or an exceptional Deputy Head, with a successful, hands-on, leadership role. We are interested in applications from those with significant experience in a Special School, who have a good understanding of how children with a wide range of special educational needs learn, and the challenges they face.
Closing date: 27 January 2019
Shortlisting: 29 January 2019
Interviews: 11 February 2019
To apply please click here.
Salary: Group 6 Leadership Pay Range: L29-L35 £78,359 - £89,874 A 10% discretionary allowance may be available depending on the applicants skills and experience.
For an appointment to visit us, please telephone the school office at the West site.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness, identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to submit two suitable references.