Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900098899
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name The Rivers Secondary College Kadina High Campus
Principal Network Lismore
Staffing Area Lismore
FTE 1.000Contact Name Zoe Tiernan
Contact Phone number 0266243133
Closing Date 22-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Located within the Bundjalung Nation, Kadina High Campus is part of The Rivers Secondary College. Consisting of three comprehensive years 7-12 campuses, including Lismore High Campus and Richmond River High Campus. We provide a learning environment based on high expectations, mutual respect and personal development. Our students not only feel they are a part of a vibrant learning community, they recognise the importance of our connections to the broader community. The Rivers Secondary College's purpose statement is "Working together to ensure every student is safe, supported & successful with a bright future." The campus has a population of 386 students, 29% who identify as Aboriginal. The campus has a strong focus on wellbeing and restorative practices. We are committed to collaboration, with a focus on staff and student growth.
Specific Selection Criteria
In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval to teach Mathematics 7-12 and demonstrated capacity and willingness to teach Mathematics Extension 1 and 2.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead continuous improvement in effective classroom practice, in a faculty team with a diverse range of skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise student-learning data to inform teaching practice and develop, monitor, differentiate and assess targeted strategies to improve student learning.
- Demonstrated capacity to be a dynamic member of the school executive, and to lead the implementation of whole school initiatives, aligned to the School Improvement Plan.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.