‘We are a Christian school where young people can grow in faith, are uniquely recognised and valued and encouraged to achieve their full potential in a happy and caring environment’.
St Francis Xavier is a successful, popular, high achieving and happy joint Catholic and Anglican school in the Catholic Diocese of Middlesbrough & Anglican Diocese of Leeds.
Located in the market town of Richmond in beautiful North Yorkshire, we provide outstanding Christian education to a growing student population drawn from a very wide geographical area. We are immensely proud of our school’s unique joint faith context, our people and our ethos.
Our progress data has consistently placed us in the top 5% of schools nationally and in 2017/18 we were placed in the top 100 schools in England.
Governors are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic or a practising Anglican with a broad appreciation of the values and needs of both communities; an inspirational leader who can take the school forward as we continue to seek to provide the best Christian education in North Yorkshire.
The governors are looking for:
- A person who leads by example with integrity and honesty
- A person with vision, drive and ambition, who is passionate about the success of all children
- A strong and visible commitment to Christian education
- A person with successful experience of senior leadership and proven success in leading improvement
- A person who will play a full and active part in the local community.
We will offer you:
- Students who are enthusiastic and committed to their learning
- A school with a caring and genuine Christian ethos
- A community fully supportive of the school’s further success
- A Leadership Team, Staff and Governors who are dedicated, talented and highly motivated
- An opportunity to lead an outstanding school with ambitions to grow and a commitment to sharing and developing best practice.
As part of our exciting and developing future, we anticipate in September 2019 the school will join a newly formed Diocesan Multi Academy Trust of 21 schools.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Miss Julia Chapman PA to Headteacher on 01748 823414 email email@example.com to arrange a tour of the school.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please access the school’s website http://www.sfxschool.org.uk which contains full details of the post, together with an application form, which should be returned by post or electronically to Miss Julia Chapman.
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 16 December
Shortlisting: Wednesday 19 December
Assessment Event: Monday 14 & Tuesday 15 January
Diocese of Middlesbrough & Diocese of Leeds
in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council
St Francis Xavier School