Focused on ensuring that all our children are the best they can be, Walter Halls Primary and Early Years School is a thriving and inclusive, two form entry school based just outside Nottingham City Centre, sitting at the heart of a diverse community. The established staff team have driven change to ensure that our most recent OFSTED achieved an overall Good rating with the early years unit being recognised as having Outstanding Features.
Due to the relocation of our current headteacher, the children, staff and governors are looking to appoint a creative, positive and collaborative leader to maintain the excellent standards of teaching and learning and take the school on to its next chapter.
We are seeking a headteacher who:
• Has leadership experience in a city school environment with excellent teaching practice across the primary age range
• Behaves as a role model, leading by example, inspiring staff and keeping people motivated
• Is skilled at getting the best out of all pupil groups whilst remaining committed to pupil wellbeing
• Is committed to school improvement whilst recognising and maintaining excellence where it is already in place.
Walter Halls School took the positive decision to remain a maintained school and become a founder member of the Nottingham Schools’ Trust which is based in the school grounds. The structure is designed to provide the capacity to lead, challenge and support school improvement on behalf of its member schools. This means that as the leader of the school you will have autonomy over teaching and learning within the school, allowing you to make an impact and thrive in your own career.
In addition to the unique structure of the schools’ trust, we can offer you:
• An engaged and motivated governing body who will support you in your leadership role.
• A stable established staff team of approx. 90 people, who share the same values and aspirations to deliver excellent outcomes to the children within their care, their families and the wider community.
• Extensive grounds and surroundings with real scope for outdoor learning and creativity.
"This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment."
We would love to welcome you to the school prior to you submitting your application so that you can decided for yourself if this is the right opportunity for you. Please contact Belinda OConnor, School Business Manager on 0115 9150045 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a mutually convenient time.