The Governors of Selston High School are seeking to appoint a driven and inspiring Head Teacher who can take the school from Good to Outstanding. The new Head Teacher will have the vision and experience to further develop a school that has rapidly and significantly improved over the past four and a half years. We require someone who can build on this achievement and can both challenge and support staff and students to even greater success. In return we can offer the opportunity for the successful applicant to lead a school that is determined and committed to provide high standards in all aspects of its provision and cares for both students and staff.
We are specifically seeking a Head Teacher who has:
· Demonstrated a passion for teaching and learning with a thorough understanding of the needs of pupils of all abilities
· Strong emotional intelligence and who is able to inspire, challenge and empower others
· The energy and ability to continue to drive the school forward
· The achievements, progress and wellbeing of pupils as their top priority
· The ability to promote a positive and supportive ethos for pupils and staff, where all are valued, encouraged and challenged to achieve the very best they can be
· A strong sense of the importance of the school community
· The ability to communicate and manage relationships effectively with governors, staff, pupils, parents/carers
· A collaborative style of leadership, where middle leaders are nurtured and encouraged to develop professionally
· A commitment to working collaboratively with the other schools in the Two Counties Trust.
To find out more information about the school please visit our school website at www.selstonhighschool.notts.sch.uk where further information is available on the ‘vacancies’ page.
We welcome pre-application visits by prospective candidates. Please contact the Head Teacher’s PA, Mrs Julia Jewsbury, on 01773 810321 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form and in addition write a letter to the Chair of Governors stating,
“How your experience to date can support the school becoming an outstanding institution in all areas of provision”.
Please note that applications will be shortlisted against the Head Teacher’s Person Specification.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd March 2017 at 12.00 pm.
Interviews will take place on: Wednesday 29th March and Thursday 30th March 2017