Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900092544
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $134,421.00. This position attracts a base salary of $121,273.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Gundagai High School
Principal Network Gundagai
Staffing Area Albury
FTE 1.000Contact Name Simon Bridgeman
Contact Phone number 0429365994
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Gundagai High School (200 enrolments, including 29 Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students) is a small comprehensive rural secondary school in the Riverina and an active partner within a broad network of schools. Gundagai High School is focused on striving towards excellence in the delivery of learning and teaching, and addressing student needs in an inclusive learning environment to improve their educational outcomes. This is underpinned by a supportive values–based framework for student wellbeing which encourages and recognises student development and achievement.
Gundagai High School offers a broad curriculum which includes the sciences, humanities and social sciences, creative and performing arts, and technology. In addition, Gundagai High School also offers extension and vocational education and training (VET) courses to further broaden the senior curriculum, as well as specialised support for students with additional learning needs.
Gundagai High School works collaboratively with its partner schools as well as the wider community. Through the school's strong focus on community connections, students have access to a broad range of post–school options within industry and tertiary education providers.
Students at Gundagai High School are encouraged to participate in a range of sporting and cultural opportunities, including learning about our local Aboriginal culture, and activities to further enhance their physical development, emotional development and overall wellbeing.
For more information on our school, please visit: http://www.gundagai-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Approval to teach Science 7 to 12.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead a multiple KLA faculty in developing and implementing high quality teaching and learning programs and assessment differentiated to cater for a range of student needs and abilities.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work cohesively with the whole school community to provide strong educational leadership, form positive professional connections and build capacity of individuals and teams.
- Demonstrated capacity to be a dynamic member of the school’s executive, provide strategic leadership and make effective contributions to achieve strategic school goals.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in building and maintaining a strong and cohesive multiple KLA team, and leading this team in whole school priorities that address the school’s strategic directions.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
Conditions An unconditional full approval to teach is a
requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW
Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you
apply for this teaching opportunity.