Location Illawarra & South Coast
Advertisement Number A900097452
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Braidwood Central School
Principal Network Queanbeyan
Staffing Area Batemans Bay
FTE 1.000Contact Name Letisha Salzke
Contact Phone number 0428 759 685
Closing Date 22-Sep-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Braidwood Central School is nestled on the southern tablelands just east of the Great Dividing Range between Canberra and Batemans Bay on the NSW South Coast. It is 86 km from the nation's capital and 62 km from the coast. The school is in a rural setting with a history of gold mining and agriculture, with a diverse population that includes an interest in the arts and hospitality sectors.
The school is historically significant, being one of the oldest continually operating schools in New South Wales. The school has excellent facilities, which include a mix of well–maintained and modern future focused learning environments in pleasant, country surroundings. The school utilises a range of technologies and all students have access to modern technology.
Braidwood Central School provides 375 students, 6% identifying as Aboriginal, with a quality K –12 education. The school has strong partnerships with external service providers that support the implementation of curriculum and student wellbeing programs. The school has K-6 classes for 160 students, with a focus on building solid foundations. There is an expansive and inclusive curriculum for the 200 students 7-12. A strength in the senior school is the diversity of curriculum choice. This includes our commitment to school based apprenticeships and traineeships. In addition the school has a support unit with three classes to cater for students with diverse learning needs in 7 -12.
The school has a highly professional and effective teaching and support staff who have collective ownership of the importance of each individual's growth.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- A visible leader with demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively as part of the school executive team to drive quality, evidence based teaching iniatives related to the school’s strategic improvement plan, system targets and the implementation of DoE policies that have a sustained impact on student improvement.
- Capacity to lead and supervise teaching staff, both experienced and new team members, supporting them to meet the needs of a diverse range of students.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and foster relationships with the whole school community using evidence and data analysis to develop and promote school programs, successes and achievements.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.