Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900097523
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Dunedoo Central School
Principal Network Mudgee
Staffing Area Dubbo
FTE 1.000Contact Name Donna Lane
Contact Phone number 0428751032
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Dunedoo Central School provides a quality education from Kindergarten to Year 12. With a school population of 147, the school boasts a staff that can offer a full and varied curriculum. As a Central School, there is a strong emphasis placed on a sense of family and community, regular whole school activities as well as a wide variety of extra curricula and cultural events.
Children at this school are nurtured in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere where all students are provided with opportunities to develop positive relationships, skills and values that underpin the rest of their lives. Vocational education, a strong Agriculture & Show program and excellence in the sports of touch football and squash are some of the hall marks of this school. The well-manicured school draws its students from a wide surrounding area, which includes the feeder school of St Michael's Primary School and the farming areas of Cobbora, Mendooran and Leadville.
The staff at DCS are enthusiastic, caring and dedicated and are supported by an enthusiastic Parents & Citizens school community group. The school is a member of the Cudgegong Learning Community and we continually try to live up to our motto 'Our Best Always'.
As a school with a large low SES component our key goals are to improve student learning outcomes in Literacy and Numeracy, Wellbeing and Future Focussed Learning.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria, applicants must have:
1. Proven capacity to lead, develop, sustain and monitor effective wellbeing and mentoring practices to ensure students and staff are known, valued and cared for.
2. Demonstrated ability to initiate and lead curriculum and professional learning that utilises data to inform practice and creates inclusive quality teaching and learning focused on improving student outcomes.
3. Proven interpersonal and communication skills that serve to maintain and promote a school culture of high expectations and inclusivity, both within the school and with the wider community.
4. Capacity to work collaboratively as a visible member of the senior executive team to reflect on whole-school practices and strategically lead the school towards excellence across all domains of the School Excellence Framework.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.