Countess Gytha Primary School is situated in an idyllic rural location close to Yeovil, in a beautiful new building. The children, parents, staff and Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, caring and inspirational Head Teacher to build on the strategic development and ethos of this happy village school.
Within the next academic year, consideration will be given by the school to the possibility of joining an academy trust.
The successful candidate will:
- provide outstanding leadership of our valued team and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- nurture each child’s individuality through the continued development of our broad and creative curriculum
- develop a clear vision for the future in order to achieve the highest standard of teaching and learning
- have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour and achievement.
We can offer you:
- a dedicated and motivated whole school team who are passionate about children’s learning and well- being
- enthusiastic, well behaved pupils who engage positively with their learning
- the support and commitment of our Governing Body
- the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of the children and families in the local community
- an opportunity for professional development
- a thriving pre-school within our EYFS unit.
Visits to the school will be warmly welcomed, please contact the school office to make an appointment for your visit on 01935 850345.
Apply online at https://dasjobs.co.uk/job/head-teacher-2/, or for further information and an application form, please telephone our recruitment line on 01823 348270 or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk. Please state which post and school.
If you have not been contacted by the interview dates, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
The school is committed to equal opportunities and safer recruitment practice, pre-employment checks including a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure will be undertaken before any post is confirmed.
Closing date: Monday 3 July 2017
Interviews: Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th July 2017
Start date: 1 January 2018