An amazing opportunity to transform, have high impact and really make a difference!
Are you an inspirational leader with a vision for excellence, and a belief that all students have the potential to succeed?
THEN.... read on!
Following the retirement of our Head Teacher an exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational leader to join Ridgewood High School to guide it through the next stage of its development.
Ridgewood is a friendly, thriving and stimulating place to work and study. We set high aims for every student and we appoint staff that can inspire, have high expectations and will raise the aspirations of young people. The school is currently an academy in the King Edward’s and Halesowen Trust but we are in the process of joining the Stour Vale Academy Trust.
The successful applicant will recognise and seize the opportunities that this will bring to improve the experiences of the students at Ridgewood High School.
We are looking for someone who shares our vision for excellence and our core values of trust, transparency and the belief that all students have the potential to succeed. For us success is happy, confident, well rounded students who make huge progress both academically and personally. Success is students who are well equipped to tackle the next stages of their life and contribute positively to their community.
The new Head Teacher will have a clear vision about what excellence in schools looks like in our ever changing educational landscape and they will have the skills to communicate and deliver this vision.
We are looking for an applicant who has the ability to:
- Lead the school with passion and a focus on quality that grows both the school and the school’s reputation
- Keep learning at the heart of school leadership
- Collaborate and build high performing teams; inspire, motivate and develop sustainable relationships with all members of the school community
- Engage with students, teachers, parents and the community in a manner that is open, inclusive and conveys the values of the Academy Trust and the school
- Manage financial budgets with astuteness, engage and contribute successfully to the wider Academy Trust
What can you expect from us?
- Happy students with a strong desire and motivation to learn
- A committed, supportive and hard working staff
- Excellent extracurricular activities to develop the whole child
- The opportunity to work closely with Governors and the CEO of the Trustto contribute to the strategic growth and development of the organisation
- The opportunity to be creative in a unique setting
- A commitment to high quality continuing professional development for you
Applicants are warmly welcomed to visit the school and have an opportunity to meet with the CEO of the Stour Vale Academy Trust, from 10.00am -12.00pm on 27th and 28th September, and 2nd October. To arrange a visit or have an informal discussion about the post, please telephone Kate Cooke HR Manager on 01384 398179.
The deadline for applications is 12.00 noon on Monday 9th October 2017.
Short listing will take on 13th October and interviews will be held on 18th and 19th October 2017.
The post is available from January 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
"Ridgewood High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its entire staff to share this commitment. All post-holders will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) which will be renewable every 3 years."