Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900097879
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Peel High School
Principal Network Peel
Staffing Area Tamworth
FTE 1.000Contact Name Rod Jones
Contact Phone number 67657088
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Peel High School, located in Tamworth (enrolment 811 students, including 38% Aboriginal Students, FOEI 146) is supported by significant Resource Allocation Funding (RAM). The school is on the NSW Selective School System and has a Selective Stream in each year of the junior school. The school is recognised for its success with its partnerships and transition programs. Peel High School also has strong links with UNE as we partner with them as a Professional Experience Hub for Pre-Service Teachers.
Peel High School has a strong focus on professional development of all staff. Student outcomes show a commitment to improving learning outcomes for all students, resulting in significant and measurable growth within a positive learning environment. The school has a strong emphasis on innovative teaching and learning, winning the Secretary’s Award for ‘Most Outstanding School Initiative” for our Schools of the Future program in 2019. The NAPLAN results in numeracy have shown a strong value added growth from Yr.7 to 9, especially with Aboriginal students. Community partnerships are integral to the growth and success of the school.
Further information is available on the school website
http://www.peel-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/ and Facebook page.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Proven ability to utilise data to identify areas for targeted support and implement programs to effectively engage our Low Socio-economic, Aboriginal and selective students as 21st Century learners to meet our targets and Premiers Priorities.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and support effective collaborative teams to improve pedagogy to deliver effective teaching in literacy and/or numeracy.
- Demonstrated successful experience in supporting colleagues to further develop their teaching practices through targeted professional learning and accreditation and maintenance of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- Strong self-initiative, high level organisational skills and a strong sense of professional responsibility to engage deeply in innovative pedagogy to lead improvement in teaching, learning and leading.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.