Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097436
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $134,421.00. This position attracts a base salary of $121,273.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Granville Boys High School
Principal Network Parramatta
Staffing Area Granville
FTE 1.000Contact Name Maina Ram
Contact Phone number 0415169424
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Granville Boys High School (579 students), 99% Non-English Speaking Background, is a partially selective secondary school for boys with one selective class in each of the years from 7 – 10 as well as an enrichment class in each of these junior years. The school also has a Support Unit with four classes including an autism class, two classes for students with a mild intellectual disability and one for students with a moderate intellectual disability. Granville Boys High School is a culturally and linguistically diverse community, which is predominantly from a socio-economically disadvantaged background. The majority of the boys who attend the school are of Arabic speaking backgrounds and of Muslim faith. The school has a strong literacy and numeracy focus and has introduced its own work skills programs which includes a Barber Shop and the Pulse Café. Our culturally and linguistically diverse community is supported by NSW government equity funds. Our school is located in the South-Western Sydney, which is the most multicultural region of Australia. At Granville Boys High School, we are aiming for excellence. Through our partnerships with universities, local businesses and the wider community, we provide our boys with quality teaching and learning opportunities in order to prepare for life beyond school.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria,
1. Approval to teach Industrial technology - Timber (ITW) and/or Industrial technology - Building and Construction (ITB), and/or Engineering studies/ Industrial technology - Enginieering (ENS).
2. Demonstrated effective communication, organisational, and collaborative skills that develop and support a cohesive TAS faculty to improve student outcomes.
3. Proven ability to lead a faculty, ensuring high quality teaching and learning, curriculum implementation and resource management to cater for students with diverse learning needs including selective students.
4. Highly developed interpersonal skills with the capacity to develop a culture of high expectations for students and staff at a faculty and whole school level.
5. Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate and work collaboratively as a member of the executive team in leading whole school strategic directions.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.