The Governing Body of Homelands Primary School is seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic leader following the retirement of its highly respected Head Teacher.
Our new leader will have exceptional leadership skills, the ability to inspire and motivate and be prepared to build on the school’s strengths and caring ethos to secure sustained and continued improvement.
The Governing Body will appoint someone who:-
- Has the drive to take on and develop our happy school and is able to engage and motivate colleagues, pupils and other stakeholders effectively.
- Is child focussed in approach, putting children at the heart of all activities – seeing the child in the data rather than the data in the child
- Is committed to maintaining the inclusive nature of the school.
- Has commitment to work with our pupils and families to overcome the challenges they face in their daily lives.
- Is passionate, creative and innovative with a clear vision for continuous success and improvement to ensure that children reach their full potential.
We can offer:-
- A happy, safe and caring school.
- Children who are enthusiastic, friendly and polite.
- Dedicated staff who are passionate and hardworking
- Governors who are supportive and committed to achieve the best outcomes.
- A commitment to continued professional development.
- Membership of the Teaching School Alliance and its comprehensive programme of CPD
Homelands Primary School is situated on the northern side of Torquay in Devon. The school has a one form entry with 210 pupils on roll and a 26 FTE nursery. It is located in new premises with attractive classrooms, a hall, library, IT suite, food technology room and a pastoral group room. Outside we are fortunate to have a playing field, environmental garden which includes a vegetable plot and a pond.
Our premises are looked after by our PFI contractor. You are welcome to visit our school website to find out more about us on www.homelandstorbay.org
Whilst Homelands is currently a maintained school, there is a high proportion of academies in Torbay and governors are keen to keep abreast of local and regional developments regarding the MAT landscape.
The Staff and Children
All classes benefit from the support of a teaching assistant. We also have a team of specialist teachers for Music and Spanish and HLTAs who cover PPA time. Opportunities are provided to all staff for professional development, both in house and with the Torbay Teaching School Alliance. We work in partnership with the University of Exeter in Initial Teacher Education.
The successful leadership structure comprises senior and middle leadership roles and a strong ECM team; high expectations for accountability underpin roles of key stakeholders.
Our children are wonderful!They work hard and achieve well. Staff have high expectations for achievement and performance and also encourage children to develop their own approach to problem solving and decision making through peer mediation, play buddy schemes and a School Council.
The School was judged to be GOOD by Ofsted in February 2015.
The school takes its responsibilities very seriously and any candidate should note that the post will be subject to a full DBS check. All candidates are required to give their current employer as a referee. Originals of certificates and qualifications will also be required for the successful candidate.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or visit www.homelandstorbay.org