Head Teacher, The British School of Vienna, Austria
Closing date: 30th March 2020
Start date: August 2020 - January 2021 (negotiable)
Salary: Competitive remuneration package (undisclosed)
Applications are welcome for the Founding Head Teacher of The British School of Vienna opening its doors in August 2021. The Head Teacher will be integral in establishing the school, helping with key development and staffing decisions from inception.
The school is being established by The Schools Trust, whose trustees have been responsible for the opening and governance of many prominent British schools around the world.
The school will deliver the English National Curriculum and its focus is on attaining exceptional academic standards, in line with the very best U.K. independent schools. The school will initially offer the Foundation and Key Stage One year groups but will offer an additional year group each following academic year until a full primary school is established.
The Schools Trust is seeking a Head Teacher who:
- has a proven track record of senior academic leadership
- is highly motivated and able to inspire and support others
- sets high standards, and aspirational targets, in line with the organisation’s ethos and taking on board our mantra of building “World Leading Schools”
The Schools Trust favours applicants who:
- have experience working in UK Independent schools or reputable international schools offering the English National Curriculum
- have a strong infant and primary school focus
- have IT and language skills.
The Schools Trust will offer:
- a supportive environment to develop and grow your skills, strengths and leadership
- the opportunity to innovate and be forward-thinking
- a commitment to continuous improvement and professional development
- a knowledgeable and committed governing body who provide constructive support
As our Head Teacher, you will be expected to lead this development in partnership with the trustees, staff, parents, children and the local community, all the while delivering a vision for our future success. If you are highly motivated, resilient, and want to make a real impact, this could be the role for you.
We invite applications from highly qualified candidates with a proven track record of leadership and exceptional management, including the strategic vision to recruit and lead an exceptional team that promotes the further development of this outstanding school.
For more information, please email email@example.com with the subject “Head Teacher, Vienna”. For applications please include your CV, references and application letter.
Closing date 16 February 2020.