After 16 years of distinguished service as Headmaster, Dr Timothy Wright has announced that he will retire from Shore in December 2019.
The School Council now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Christian educators to take up the position of Headmaster in 2020.
Founded in 1889, Shore is an Anglican independent day and boarding school for boys in Years 3-12 located in North Sydney, Australia, with a Kindergarten to Year 2 facility and Early Learning Centre at Northbridge for both boys and girls. The School’s extensive playing fields are located at Northbridge.
Shore’s dynamic tradition is founded on authentic and transformative Christian faith, with emphases on engaged rigour in academic work; relational service of others; growth in character; and personal best in games and co-curricular activities. With this as its foundation, and within the terms of its charter, Shore seeks to be the leading comprehensive school in Australia.
Shore therefore fosters a learning community for its students and staff which:
- Promotes a Christian understanding of the world and society in which we live;
- Pursues and celebrates academic performance in a culture of learning and thinking;
- Challenges all to be responsible citizens with an attitude of service to others;
- Welcomes new experience and learning at all stages of life;
- Lives according to the Christ-like virtues of humility, perseverance, courage and love of others; and
- Develops individual gifts and talents and cultivates the habits of successful team membership.
Korn Ferry is assisting the School Council with this appointment. For further information, and to obtain the booklet setting out the
selection criteria and the application procedure, or for a confidential conversation regarding the position, please contact: Korn Ferry at
or Patrizia Anzellotti +61 2 9006 3541
or Andrew Richards +61 3 9631 0318
Applications close on 9 November 2018.