St Augustine of Canterbury Catholic High School is an 11 - 16 school comprising of some 600 students and 70 staff. It lies in the heart of the community it serves and welcomes students of all faiths, teaching them gospel values and nurturing them to become confident young adults.
The February 2018 OFSTED inspection accurately graded the school '4' in all areas. Governors, staff, students and parents, supported by the Local Authority and Archdiocese, recognise the validity of these judgements and are working tirelessly to address the issues identified in the report.
The Summer GCSE results and November Local Authority Review show some small but welcome signs of improvement. In addition, the current leadership team have implemented a number of significant changes to address the issues identified during the inspection process.
The school has a newly constituted and highly skilled Governing Body, a restructured middle and senior leadership team, has introduced a broad and balanced curriculum for all groups of students, and implemented improved behaviour systems throughout the school.
Governors are now seeking a Headteacher who:
- Is a practising CatholicLives the gospel values.
- Is a strategic thinker.
- Recognises and understands the challenges of serving an area of diverse need.
- Drives the improvement agenda further with pace, vigour and challenge.
- Challenges students and staff to achieve beyond their expectations.
- Understands the role of Governors in challenging and supporting the school.
- Understands the importance of communicating the 'change agenda' to ALL members of the school community.
- Has humour, compassion, determination and drive.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a CES contract.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact:
the school office on 07144 678112.
Application forms and further details are available from www.sthelens.gov.uk or alternatively by contacting Human Resources. Please download the application form attached below to apply for this post. Please do not apply for this post via the online portal.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure.