Churchfield Primary School, Snydale Road, Cudworth, Barnsley, S72 8JR
Member of Waterton Academy Trust
Salary & Grade - L17 to 24
Hours - Full Time, Permanent
Due to the retirement of our much valued Headteacher, Governors, staff and children of this vibrant primary school are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational leader who will enhance the existing positive school ethos, whilst offering the focus and drive as we continue our journey towards outstanding.
Churchfield Primary School joined Waterton Academy Trust, a visionary Trust of 13 primary schools serving the Wakefield and Barnsley area, in December 2019. The Trust’s driving ambition is to secure the very best outcomes for all its children and prepare them for future success. Churchfield Primary School is proud to be part of this determined, collaborative group.
The successful candidate will be someone who understands the school’s current strengths, who values distributed leadership and has the skills and experience to ensure continued opportunities for growth and success for pupils and staff.
We are looking for a leader with:
• Proven senior leadership experience
• Excellent knowledge of the primary curriculum
• Evidence of impactful leadership on raising attainment, increasing rates of pupil progress and developing excellence
• Vision and energy to inspire the whole school community
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Commitment to teamwork and developing colleagues
• The ability to adapt to an ever-changing educational landscape
• Flexibility to think creatively
In return, the successful candidate will be offered:
• Friendly, motivated children who are eager to learn
• A welcoming and positive school environment with supportive colleagues
• A commitment to your professional development and an exciting opportunity to work within a forward thinking multi-academy trust
• A fully supportive Trust Senior Leadership Team and active Governing Body with a commitment to your continuing professional development
• Advice and support from the Trust's central team of School Improvement, HR, Finance and Estates
• A health and wellbeing package
• A cycle to work scheme
• An excellent pension package
For further details about the role, to arrange an informal conversation or to discuss the possibility of a visit to the school, please contact Linsey Cavell, Chief Education Standards Officer, on 01924 240 767 or email email@example.com
Applicants are requested to submit a completed application form which can be downloaded from the recruitment page on the trust’s website. www.watertonacademytrust.org
Completed applications are to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 5th February at midday
Shortlisting: Monday 8th February
Interviews: Thursday 11th and Friday 12th February (2-day process)
Waterton Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure from DBS will be required for this post.
Churchfield Primary School